This article includes information about installing & configuring the trID RFID readers with TagMatiks AT Lite.
This document is divided into multiple sections as:
The trID (Model R1210I) is a slim RAIN RFID reader of the easy2read© product line with integrated antenna for short range applications. The reader hosts an internal rechargeable battery and can operate both in wired mode, using a USB cable, or in wireless mode through the Bluetooth® interface.The trID is a perfect addon for any Bluetooth® enabled device (such as an iPhone/Android/Windows based smartphone/laptop/tablet) and can quickly & easily transform the device into a RFID reader.
Switching ON the trID Device:
1. Press the Power button continuously for 2 seconds only.
2. Then its LED lights up GREEN along with a beep,meaning power is on.
Switching OFF the trID Device:
1. To switch off when the trID reader is on, press the Power button continuously for 3 seconds.
2. Then its Green LED light is off, meaning the trID device is powered off.
Immediately after the trID device is powered on, Then the “Power LED” will turn:-
either, Green - if the battery is more than 35%
or, Orange – if the battery is more than 15 % & lesser than 35%
or, Red – if the battery is lesser than 15%
And the “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that the trID device is not connected to any iOS device.
1. Open the TagMatiks AT Lite application and login into it.
2. On the Home Page, click on the Settings Icon (at the bottom right side of screen); as shown below:
3. To make the connection with the trID reader; press the “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of the application.
NOTE: Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in the IOS device.
4. Select “Caen RFID Readers”.
5. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
6. Bring the trID reader close to the iOS device.
7. TagMatiks AT Lite application will show the discoverable reader’s name and MAC Address; as shown below:
8. The reader’s name will be “trID-XXXXXXXX”; where “XXXXXXXX” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
9. E.g. In the above image, the value “21480003” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
10. The MAC address of the Caen device is also reflecting. Here the device’s MAC address is: 58:93:D8:52:FE:38
When no trID reader is there nearby the iOS device.
If the Bluetooth of the trID reader is Off.
trID Reader is not in pairing mode.
trID Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
Then TagMatiks AT Lite application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer to the image below.
11. Now press on the available Reader name.
12. Once you press the reader’s name, the application will start connecting with that trID device.
13. On successful connection, an acknowledgment/pop window will come – stating that” trID-21480003 has connected successfully”; refer the image below:
14. The application will also fetch the Serial number and Model name of the connected device and show it along with the reader’s name; as shown in the above image.
NOTE: The TagMatiks AT Lite App directly searches and pairs with trID. There is no need to first pair with the trID via the normal Bluetooth connection.
In TagMatiks AT Lite, first ensure the configuration settings are in sync with the RFID tags.
1. Click on the Settings Tab and then click on the “Configuration” under “Admin Settings”
2. Click on “Asset Tag Format Configuration” under Asset Tag Format
3. A new window will open, where you can see tabs for Tagging Options, EPC Data and Other Memory Banks. As shown in the picture below:
4. To modify the behavior of associating RFID tags to assets; please read the article named:"Configured Overview"
5. Once the tag format configuration is properly saved; go to the “Home” page.
6. Press the “Inventory” button - on the bottom left-hand side of the application.
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
8. For taking the inventory, click on the Location; for example, “San Francisco” is selected.
9. Press the “Start” icon bar button on the AT Lite application, then the trID reader will start reading the RFID tags. Please refer below image:
10. Once you Press the “Stop” icon bar button on the application; then the trID reader will stop reading the tags.
11. As a result, the read tags will populate on the application window illustrated in the image below: