This article describes common problems you may encounter using Caen – skID RFID device and helps you to resolve them.
The possible issues are
A. Switching ON the skID device
1. Press the Main Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its LED light up GREEN along with beep; means power is on.
Switching OFF the RFD8500 device:
1. To switch off when the skID reader is on, press the Main Power button continuously for 3 seconds only.
2. Then its GREEN LED light is off, means skID device is powered off.
Immediately after when device is powered on
Then the “Power LED” will turn:-
either, Green - if battery is more than 35%
Orange – if battery is more than 15 % & lesser than 35%
Red – if battery is lesser than 15%
And “Link LED” will be off; this acknowledges that skID device is not connected to any iOS device.
1. Open the TagMatiks AT Lite application and login into it.
2. On the Home Page, click on the Settings Icon (at the bottom right side of screen); as shown below:
3. To make the connection with skID reader; press the “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of the application (highlighted in red color).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on.
4. Select “Caen RFID Readers” (highlighted with blue).
5. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
6. Bring skID reader close to the iOS device.
7. TagMatiks AT Lite application will show the discoverable reader’s name; as shown below:
8. The reader’s name will be “skID-XXXXXXXX”; where “XXXXXXXX” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
9. E.g. In the above image, the value “204000496” is the last eight-digit value of device serial number.
When no skID reader is there nearby the iOS device
If the Bluetooth of skID reader is Off
skID Reader is not in pairing mode.
skID Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
then TagMatiks AT Lite application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer below image.
10. Now press on the available Reader name.
11. Once you press on the reader's name, then the application will start making a connection with that skID device.
12. On successful connection, an acknowledgment/pop window will come – stating that” skID-204000349 has connected successfully”; refer below image:
13. Application will also fetch the Serial number of the connected device and show it along with the reader’s name; as shown in above image.
NOTE: The TagMatiks AT Lite App directly searches and pairs with skID. There is no need to first pair with the skID via the normal Bluetooth connection.
If skID device is “ON” but couldn’t connect to the iOS device. Then there is a possibility that the skID device is already paired & connected to another iOS/Android device. To check the same, please follow following steps
I. skID device LED status check:
1. Check the status of the “LED Link” light.
2. If it is solid “Blue”; means skID device is already in paired with another iOS/Android device; as shown in below image:
3. If it is “OFF” then no connection is established
4. If it is solid, “Orange”means a USB cable is connected to either a Power adapter or to a computer.
5. Else it is solid “Green”; means skID device is in configuration mode.
II. On TagMatiks AT Lite Application: skID Reader check:
1. Press “Manage Reader” button - on the left-hand side of TagMatiks AT Lite application (highlighted in red color).
2. Select “Caen RFID Readers” (highlighted with blue).
NOTE: Make sure the iOS device’s Bluetooth must be on and near to the RFD8500 reader.
3. Then a new window will open, named: “Readers List.”
4. If no reader comes/reflects in the reader list.
5. This means:
Either no skID RFID reader is there nearby the iOS device OR skID Reader is already paired with another iOS/Android device.
then TagMatiks AT Lite application will show “No Available Readers.” Refer above image.
In the TagMatiks AT Lite Application, please first ensure the configuration settings are in sync with the RFID tags.
1. Please click on the Settings Tab and then click on the “Configuration” under “Admin Settings”
2. Please click on “Asset Tag Format Configuration” under Asset Tag Format
3. A new window will open, where you can see tabs for Tagging Options, EPC Data and Other Memory Banks as shown below
4. To modify the behaviour of associating RFID tags to assets; please read the article named:"Configuration Overview"
5. Once the tag format configuration is properly saved; go to the “Home” page.
6. Press the “Inventory” button - on the bottom left-hand side of the application.
7. Then a new window will open, named: “Inventory.”
8. For taking the inventory, click on a location. In this example, the location chosen selected is “San Francisco”.
9. Press the “Start” icon bar button on the AT Lite application, then the skID reader will start reading the RFID tags. Please refer below image:
10. Once you Press the “Stop” icon bar button on the application; then the skID reader will stop reading the tags.
11. As a result, the read tag will populate on the application window, as shown in below image.